Fight Back Against Household Creepy Crawlies
It’s never pleasant finding an insect or two sneaking around your home – and you know that if you’ve found one there are many more that you can’t see! But what can you do t get rid of the critters?
The Fiji Times Online gave some tips on keeping unwanted insects at bay.
- Do a big cleanup and get rid of any clutter that the cockroaches will call home.
- Spills should be wiped up immediately and the space under freezers and sinks should be kept clean.
- In particular, food spills should be carefully avoided at night as this is when cockroaches are most active.
- Food should be stored securely before being stored.
- The luggage of all visitors should be checked carefully.
- Take a good look at your own luggage when you return home from a trip.
- If bedbugs are found on a mattress it should be left out in the sun along with nearby bags to kill the insects.
- Rubbish needs to be stored and disposed off properly, especially if it’s being kept in a dark or damp area.
- All entry points to the home, such as exposed pipes or sinks should be washed with soapy water.
- All bedding should be checked at night and if a serious infestation is detected, a pest control company should be called as soon as possible.