Fly Climbing Ladder Call Us For Free Quote 1300 766 614 Commercial Service Residential Service Cockroach Removal Visit Our Blog
  • Live Chat

    Chat now to one of our friendly pest control consultants!

Enter Live Chat

Follow Us:
$32,800

Man Dies After Contracting Rodent-Borne Hantavirus

A man, whose name and age have not been released, died after contracting Hantavirus, which is actually quite a rare rodent-borne disease. Investigators say he was probably exposed to the virus while repairing plumbing in a small place that had rodent droppings, or while working in a garage where rodents frequented, reports CBS Local.

The virus is transmitted by breathing it in when coming in direct contact with rodents or by disturbing dust and feces from mice nests or surfaces contaminated with mice droppings.

Symptoms of Hantavirus include muscle aches, fatigue, high fever, dizziness, headaches, chills, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain which can lead to death.