5 Tipe for Ridding Your Property of Snakes
If you spend a bit of time potting around the garden or playing with your kids in the yard, there’s a high chance you’ve come across a snake at least once or twice in your lifetime.
While this may get the heart rate up, these encounters rarely end in a life-threatening incident. That being said, to get rid of snakes is in your best interest and in the best interest of your family. This is Australia after all and many of our snakes have a reputation for dishing out deadly bites.
The good news here is that you don’t have to be a professional python wrangler or a whip snake whisperer to get rid of snakes on your property. All you need to know are a few basic methods for snake control and snake removal. Read on to discover what some of these methods are or get in touch with our team for professional snake removal services in your area.
Common Australian snakes
Forget about snakes on a plane. The following snakes are more likely to be found hanging out on your property than 33,000 feet in the air.
1. Red-bellied black snake: One of the most well-known snake species in Australia. The red-bellied black snake can get as big as 2 metres. It lives by creeks, dams and rivers, and it loves sunny areas. Dangerous but shy, they will only bite in situations of extreme harassment.
2. Tiger Snake: A voracious eater of frogs, rats and mice, the yellow and cream-striped tiger snake is highly venomous and can pose a threat to humans if encountered. Prefers to live and feed close to waterways.
3. Green Tree Snake: A slender and harmless arboreal species that can grow to roughly 1.2 metres long. Found all along the eastern coast and northern shores of Australia.
4. Eastern Brown Snake: The eastern brown will attack if molested. It’s also known for being nervous and flighty which means it can be unpredictable. Another highly venomous species, it can deliver a potentially fatal bite and is responsible for more deaths in Australia than any other snake.
5. Diamond Python: Commonly found in the South Coast region of New South Wales, the diamond python can grow to nearly 4 metres in length. Most pythons in Australia, however, aren’t poisonous or known to be aggressive, as evidenced here.
6. Coastal Taipan: Alert and extremely dangerous, the coastal taipan gives the eastern brown snake a run for its money in terms of reputation. Will opt for a quick escape rather than put up a fight if encountered. It also prefers wetter temperate and tropical coastal regions.
How to keep snakes off your property
Want to know how to get rid of snakes on your property? Check out the following tips on snake control and snake removal or call us now for prompt snake removal services.
Seal any cracks or crevices
Snakes have incredibly flexible bodies that allow them to maneuver themselves through small gaps, cracks and crevices. These openings can be hard to spot, which is why it’s important to talk with a professional snake control team. Failure to close an access point properly can totally undo all other snake control measures.
Getting rid of snakes from your property requires you to lop off any tree branches that are hanging over your fence or roof. Snakes are fantastic climbers after all and a branch could serve as an access point to your yard. Work with your neighbours and identify any and all limbs that cross from your place to there’s or vice versa.
Eradicate other pests to cut off their food source
Rats and mice are a favourite food of snakes. This means that by eradicating rodents, you can kill two birds (or pests) with one stone by ridding your property of snakes and of a rodent problem. Talk to the Competitive Pest Services team today to arrange a rodent inspection.
Keep your yard and garden tidy
Snakes love to hide in long grass so they can move undercover and ambush prey. If you have a front or back lawn, trimming it down and removing any leaf or garden litter will ensure they have nowhere to hide. By mowing your yard, you will also take away their shelter. As an aside, snakes will also use long grass a resting place to cool down when it’s hot.
Call for snake removal backup
If your property continues to be compromised by slithering invaders, talk to us about our reliable snake removal services. We use humane measures when possible and emphasis the safety of your family and our staff above all else. Snakes are more scared of us than we should be of them, but it’s still vital that you reach out to an expert if your problem persists.
For prompt, professional and humane snake removal services call CPS now on 1300 766 614
WE'RE NOT HAPPY UNLESS YOU'RE HAPPYSEE HOW IT WORKS
With Competitive Pest Control Services you’ll never have to worry about paying for a job that hasn’t been done.
If you’re not satisfied with our services, we’ll not only give you your money back, we’ll return it to you twofold. That’s right: you’ll not only receive a full refund, we’ll also pay to have your pest problem sorted by our competition.*
We’re always trying to raise the standard of service, it’s one of the reasons we were name Australian Pest Manager of the Year four times in the past six years. When you employ our services, you know your pest problem will soon be a distant memory. What could be more satisfying than that?
*Please contact us to hear more about our 200% Money Back Guarantee - as due to issues sometimes outside our control, not all services may be covered by this offer.